- We will endeavor to make sure our policies and practices in relation to the collection, use, retention, transfer and access of personal data (as defined in the Ordinance) supplied by you comply with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486, the laws of Hong Kong) (the “Ordinance”).
- You may be requested by us to give information (including but not limited to your personal particulars, operating system, browser version, domain name, IP address and details of your website) on a voluntary basis when you apply to us and continue to subscribe with us for an account, our services and/or products. You shall consult your parent or guardian before giving us your personal data if you are under the age of eighteen.
- You have the right to refuse providing your personal data to us. However, certain functions and/or services may not be available to you if such personal data is not supplied, incomplete, incorrect, or misleading.
- Personnel data may be comprised, which include but are not limited to C.V.s; application forms; references; appraisal and disciplinary records; salary, pension and benefits details; results of medical, security and financial checks; sickness records; personal contact details; bank account and tax details of employees (including potential employees, as applicable).
- Personal data supplied by you will be retained in one or more of our databases and in different formats and be secured with restricted access by our authorized personnel through appropriate security protocols for authentication and authorization (which may include the use of SSL, encryption, firewalls and data backup). Your personal data will be kept in the strictest confidence and for a reasonable period necessary to attain the above specified purposes.
- Personal data supplied by you may be used for any of the following purposes and/or for other purposes as may be agreed between you and us and/or as required by law:
(a) registering, operating or maintaining your account with us;
(b) purchasing goods and/or subscribing for services rendered by us;
(c) facilitating and following up your online transactions with us, including but not limited to processing of any payment instructions;
(d) marketing of goods and/or services of our parent company and/or its respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies (see section 8 below);
(e) enabling us to comply with our obligations to interconnect or comply with industry practices; and/or
(f) serving any purposes relating to any of the foregoing.
- Personal data supplied by you may be used for direct marketing activities (as defined in the Ordinance) only in accordance with the requirements set out under the Ordinance. In that event, you will be:-
(a) informed that your personal data will be used for direct marketing activities;
(b) informed of, with specific information, the kinds of personal data to be used and the classes of marketing subjects in relation to which the personal data is to be used;
(c) informed that your personal data will not be used unless we have received your written consent;
(d) provided, in case your consent to the use of personal data for direct marketing activities is given orally, a written confirmation within 14 days after receiving your oral consent;
(e) given opportunity to communicate your consent at no extra charge from us;
(f) notified the first time your personal data is used for direct marketing activities and that we will cease to use your personal data for direct marketing activities if you wish; and
(g) given the liberty, at any time, to require cessation of the use of your personal data for direct marketing activities at no extra charge from us.
- We will not release personal data supplied by you to third parties except in accordance with the Ordinance or in the event of such release is requested by:
(a) governmental and/or regulatory and/or statutory authorities and/or court orders in compliance with applicable laws; or
(b) third party service providers which provide supporting services to us; who (i) are under duty of confidentiality to us with respect to the use, hold, process, retain and/or transfer of personal data supplied by you; and (ii) have the need to know or handle such personal data (see section 10 below).
- Personal data supplied by you may be provided to third parties for direct marketing activities (i.e. cross-marketing) only in accordance with the requirements set out under the Ordinance. In that event, you will be:-
(a) informed in writing of our intention to provide your personal data to third parties for direct marketing activities;
(b) informed of, with specific information, the kinds of personal data to be provided, the classes of marketing subjects and the class of persons in relation to which the personal data is to be provided;
(c) informed in writing that provision of your personal data to third parties for direct marketing activities will be for gain (if that is the case);
(d) informed that your personal data will not be provided to third parties for direct marketing activities unless we have received your written consent;
(e) given opportunity to communicate your consent at no extra charge from us; and
(f) given the liberty, at any time, to require the cessation of our provision of personal data to third parties for direct marketing activities and notify the third party to cease the use of your personal data in direct marketing activities at no extra charge from us.
- Notwithstanding our security measures for protecting your personal data, you acknowledge that no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure, and by providing your personal data you are transmitting information at your own risk.
- Under and in accordance with the Ordinance, among others, you have the rights:
(a) to check whether we are holding your personal data;
(b) to access your personal data held by us; and/or
(c) to require us to correct any of your personal data which is or has become inaccurate.
- Personal data provided by customers and employees are retained for as long as the purposes for which such data were collected continue. As a general rule the maximum retention period is 7 years.
- Cookies are small data files which are placed on your device when you visit certain parts of our website or click on our online advertisements. Cookies and similar technologies are used to identify your device for the following purposes:-
(a) Strictly necessary cookies. These essential cookies are set throughout our website and are required for the operation of our website to: – allow our web server to determine whether the cookies setting on your web browser has been enabled or disabled. This allows us to know whether data can be collected from your web browser; – temporarily allow you to carry information between pages of our website to avoid having to re-enter that information; – temporarily identify your device after you have logged in to a secure page on our website so that our web server can maintain a dialogue with your web browser in order for you to carry out certain activities.
(b) Analytical/performance cookies. These are used to help us improve our website by: – tracking your visits to our website and recognizing your web browser when you are a repeat visitor so that we can gather statistics on new and repeat visitors to evaluate site effectiveness.
(c) Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to: – personalize our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language and region); – store your login and other preferences so you do not have to re-enter that information when you return to the website.
(d) Targeting / advertising cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, your response to our online advertisements, track the pages you have visited and the website links you have followed. We use this information to: – make our website more relevant to your interests; – provide online advertisements or offers on our website or third-party websites which are most likely to interest you; – evaluate the effectiveness of our online marketing and advertising programs. The above cookies may be placed on your device by us or by third parties on our behalf (for example, advertising networks and providers of external services like web traffic analysis services). No personally identifiable information about you is collected or shared with third parties as a result of this research.
Most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can choose to ‘not accept’ cookies by changing the settings on your web browser but if you block all cookies, including strictly necessary cookies, you may find that certain features on our website will not work properly.
- We may have third party merchants or service providers hosted in this Website which are operated by third party merchants or service providers. If you want to use, order or receive any services and/or products from any of them, you shall take the risk that personal data supplied by you, once transferred to any of such merchants or service providers, will be beyond our control and thus outside the scope of protection afforded by us.
- If you have any requests for access to your personal data or for the correction of your personal data, or if you would like any further information regarding our policies and practices, please address your enquiries to info@iLinkedTech.com.